If you’re planning a vacation and want to have some fun while not breaking the bank, follow these savvy travel tips. We’ll give you advice on how to do it all without spending your entire budget in one place!
It’s time to pack your bags and head on a vacation. Whether you’re going abroad with your family, or travelling solo for some much-needed R&R, it can be tough to balance the cost of travel while still enjoying every minute of your trip – especially if you’re not willing to break the bank. Luckily, there are plenty of ways to save money without sacrificing quality! In this blog post, we’ll share some savvy travel tips that will help make your next vacation stress-free and fun!
Well, the summer has finally arrived and many people are looking forward to their long awaited vacations. Whether you’re planning a family vacation, an overseas trip or a weekend getaway, there’s always one thing that worries everyone: the cost. You can have a safe and fun vacation on a budget by following these simple tips!
1. Research hotels that are close to the airport or train station
2. Consider staying in a hostel instead of a hotel for cheaper rates and more social activities
3. Book your flight at least two months before you travel to get the cheapest rate possible
4. Pack light – use luggage with wheels and pack only what is necessary for your trip, as this will save on weight charges
5. Buy your tickets through an online aggregator such as Travelocity, Expedia, Kayak etc., because they offer discounted rates over booking directly with airlines or hotels
6. Use public transportation wherever possible to avoid paying high taxi fares; if taking a taxi do not take it from airports since they have inflated prices due to their monopoly status there
7. Stay at an Airbnb or other home-sharing service instead of a hotel so you don’t have to pay for breakfast and can save money on food
8. Pack light so you only have one bag to carry around
9. Check out Groupon deals for travel packages, like tours, attractions, and activities
10. Use Google Maps offline when traveling abroad so that you will still be able to use GPS without using data roaming charges
11. Bring water bottles with filters on them (e.g., Brita) if there are no fountains available where you’re staying
12. Make sure you have a credit card with no foreign transaction fees
13. Stay at hotels that are outside of the city center, but still close enough to get there on public transportation
14. Again, pack light! The lighter you pack, the less money you’ll spend on baggage fees
15. Consider taking a train or bus instead of flying for long distances
Some Bonus Money Saving Travel Tips:
-Stay with friends and family in their spare bedrooms or on their couches. This can be a great way to save money, it’s often much cheaper than renting an apartment for the duration of your stay!
-Stick to mostly local cuisine when you’re eating out. It’s usually less expensive and it will also help you avoid any food allergies that may come from unfamiliar foods.
-Avoid travel agencies that charge hefty fees up front – they are only benefiting themselves at your expense! Instead, book airfare online yourself and consider booking accommodations through websites like Expedia so there are no surprises as far as cost goes.
Just remember, traveling and exploring new destinations is suppose to be fun, exciting and a chance for you to get away and recharge the batteries. Follow the money saving tips above and you’ll be able to do just that without draining your budget!